Music Critic Hannah Gadd shares her five essential songs for Virgo’s

Virgoans are methodical perfectionists at heart with a strong work ethic and a highly tuned sense of judgement. Every sign is delegated a quality which addresses their basic energy; Virgo being the mutable sign of the earth group explains the adaptable and practical nature of the sign. Virgos are often misunderstood and perceived as unsociable due to their unmatched diligence, however I see the sign as one that enjoys being fiercely independent and needs a balance of autonomy and company. Here are five songs for all the strong-minded Virgos looking for some playlist fillers.

1. ‘All Too Well’ – Taylor Swift 

Virgo season sees the end of summer and the arrival of the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and how better to experience it than listening to Taylor Swift? The song luxuriates in it’s specific lyrics which directly speaks to a detail-oriented Virgo, whilst also combating themes of feminism and power imbalance which can easily spark theories and conversation in a pro-active Virgo mind.

2. ‘VIRGO’S GROOVE’ – Beyoncé

After a six-year wait for a new solo album, arguably the world’s most famous Virgo, Beyonce, did not disappoint with her July release RENAISSANCE which includes a brand new anthem for the earth sign in the form of Track 9 ‘VIRGO’S GROOVE’. This song is 6 minutes of disco-funk fusion which perfectly touches on the more ‘fun’ social side of a Virgo which is often overlooked by their grounded nature.

3. ‘Love It If We Made It’ – The 1975  

‘Love It If We Made It’ is a socially conscious and critical song which marked the second release from the band’s 2018 album A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships. I think this song addresses the commentative essence of a Virgo. We are naturally problem solvers and subconsciously recognise societal issues, as frontman Matty Healy discusses -`It’s not a protest song in the traditional sense, ‘Love It If We Made It’ isn’t trying to change the world or be the difference. Instead, it just acknowledges the gravitas of the situation.’     

4. ‘Lazy’ – Baby Queen

Virgoans are immensely ambitious individuals with high standards and often work hard to achieve great success no matter what the goal is; this relentless work ethic gives a Virgo great opportunity to rest and unwind when they choose to. Here, Baby Queen recognises great ambition and articulates the conflict between big dreams and ‘laziness’ or perhaps relaxation in the case of a busy Virgo.

5. ‘Underdog’ – Kasabian

‘Underdog’ by Kasabian captures Virgo’s unabating determination and self-assured attitude. The mutable earth sign strives to awaken their own higher self and will utilise every opportunity to get there as very little seems truly ‘impossible’ to a Virgo.

I hope these songs can satisfy the perfectionist ears of the Virgoans and your meticulous tastes, happy listening!

Check out more from Redbrick Music here:

Live Preview: Aitch 

Redbrick Meets: Lucy Spraggan 

Live Review: Machine Gun Kelly