News Writer Kierat Basi reports on Birmingham Business School receiving prestigious global AMBA Award for Deloitte Partnership

Written by Kierat

On January 19th, 2024, Birmingham Business School proudly accepted the Global AMBA award for its longstanding partnership with the industry leader, Deloitte.

The accolade was presented by AMBA (Association of MBAs), which sets the global standard for MBAs, accrediting the top 2% of schools in 75 countries. Outperforming five other international institutions, including Jiangxi University in China and Howard University School of Business in the USA, Birmingham Business School’s pioneering partnership with Deloitte, the world’s largest consultancy firm, stood out.

At the heart of the partnership lies the Birmingham MBA Deloitte Consultancy Challenge, a flagship programme renowned for its immersive week-long training targeted at MBA students. One of the highlights of the scheme is a day spent with two senior partners and other Deloitte employees, among other activities. Now in its fourteenth year, the Challenge has not only provided unparalleled experiences to MBA students but has also been replicated for undergraduate business school students, with an emphasis on responsible business.

The Challenge has not only provided unparalleled experiences to MBA students but has also been replicated for undergraduate business school students

Moreover, the partnership’s prosperity has extended beyond the business school, catalyzing innovation in life sciences. Professor Edgar Meyer, Dean of Birmingham Business School, underscored the significance of the challenge and the partnership, noting, ‘The Birmingham MBA Consultancy Challenge is a key factor for 98% of our applicants choosing to pursue their studies at Birmingham. Our partnership – rooted in continuity and friendship – has fostered dedication from both institutions, working together to provide students with a valuable and enriching learning experience. We’re excited to continue our collaboration and deliver the best experience for our students.’

Dr. Christina Sambrook, Director of the Executive MBA at Birmingham Business School, echoed this, stating, ‘I am delighted by AMBA’s recognition of our enduring partnership with Deloitte as a shining example in its category. Our dedicated team has worked tirelessly throughout the years to enhance the student experience, and we take pride in our achievements thus far and our ambitious plans for the future. Anticipate more exciting initiatives on the horizon!’

Read more News updates here:

‘Save Birmingham’ Campaign Launched

The Post Office Scandal: Victims Call for Accountability

UK and US Continue Strikes on Houthi Missile Sites