Digital Editor Halima Ahad reviews Sabrina Carpenter’s playful new single

third year eng & creative writing, aspiring journalist, former culture editor and current digital editor <3

This week, Sabrina Carpenter surprised her fans by teasing her exclusive single ‘Espresso’ which bids goodbye to her emails i can’t send era. The song has all the summer vibes that listeners need and it is definitely short but sweet, just like the singer, in my opinion.

The song’s cheeky, confident lyrics express Carpenter’s joys and fun within her relationship alongside its playful tune

The song’s cheeky, confident lyrics express Carpenter’s joys and fun within her relationship alongside its playful tune. ‘Say you can’t sleep, baby, I know / That’s that me, espresso’ shows the rhyming lyrics, expressing how Carpenter is having childlike fun and wonder with her lover. Carpenter also expresses her confidence in wooing others and how she never fails to impress them, ‘And I got this one boy and he won’t stop calling / When they act this way, I know I got ‘em’.

When Carpenter first teased her new era on Instagram, fans held lots of anticipation and excitement as it brings something different for the singer. The album cover, as well as this teaser post, gives a vintage feel to the singer’s new era whilst also keeping to her sound. I’m very excited for what Carpenter’s new era will bring and I know she will definitely not disappoint in the process.

Enjoyed this? You might also like…

Live Review: MIKA

Single Review: Baby Queen- Ride Or Die

Album Review: Tyla- TYLA