Digital Editor Halima Ahad reviews Perrie’s bittersweet debut single

third year eng & creative writing, aspiring journalist, former culture editor and current digital editor <3

Perrie, of well-known hit girl group Little Mix, has released her debut single Forget About Us. The single displays all the happy and healing vibes a song needs and the music video compliments this further. The song is bittersweet as she reminisces on a former relationship and how she saw potential within this but realises later on that choosing herself is better.

The lyrics show that although she has moved on from her former flame, she still feels lots of emotions whenever they are brought up

The lyrics show that although she has moved on from her former flame, she still feels lots of emotions whenever they are brought up. ‘I’ve felt more love since you, for sure (Ah-ah-ah) / And I don’t wanna go back to where we were before (Ah-ah-ah) / But when I hear your name, it’s still so raw (Ah-ah-ah)’ highlights how the emotions are still raw for her even though it has been long since she has parted ways with her lover. The music video is a joyous project of the singer’s. I love how Perrie runs wildly and freely throughout it all, not giving a care in the world for what others may think of her.

Overall, the song is a healing journey of love and light. I cannot wait for what is to come for Perrie’s solo career if this song is only just the beginning.

Enjoyed this? You might also like…

A Beginner’s Guide to Mitski

Grammy Awards 2024 Round Up

Essential Album: The Chameleons – Strange Times