Music Critic Bethany Carter predicts The Killers’ single Fire in Bone to be the next summer hit

Written by Bethany Carter
Music Critic

The exciting sound of The Killers has returned with their new hit single ‘Fire in Bone.’ The release of the song comes in preparation for the rock band’s upcoming album, Imploding the Mirage, which has unfortunately been delayed since the initial release date of May 26th.  ‘Fire in Bone’ has already became the Killers 7th most popular song on Spotify, despite its very recent release of April 24th. The song follows the journey of lead vocalist Brandon Flowers describing everything that feels like fire in bone to him, including things such as being alone and feeling unknown.  

The song follows the journey of lead vocalist Brandon Flowers describing everything that feels like fire in bone to him

SThe melody of this single is definitely very psychedelic rock/indie in comparison to their other major rock tunes, such as ‘Somebody Told Me.’ The song has a freshness of sound that feels like a breakthrough for the Killers, as ‘Fire in Bone’ in particular has a modern take on the band’s classic sound. Ronnie Vannucci Jr. opens the track with impressive drum work that sets the tone for the rest of the song, whilst Dave Keuning’s guitar piece guarantees ‘Fire in Bone’ to become the next best summer hit. 

Despite the fact we are all under current lockdown, ‘Fire in Bone’ has the power to make anybody feel like they are on a beach somewhere far, far away with its upbeat melody and catchy lyrics. The words ‘Fire in Bone’ themselves seem extremely repetitive throughout the song, which some could view as uncreative. However, the sheer genius of creating a song with such a spirited melody and simplistic lyrics is what makes the track feel alive. The new release date for Imploding the Mirage is set to be announced within the coming weeks. Until then, streaming and/or purchasing ‘Fire in Bone’ seems essential for anybody wanting to lighten up their playlist with the iconic sound which is the Killers!

‘Fire in Bone’ is available now via Island Records

Have a look at some more new music…

Album Review: Gerry Cinnamon – The Bonny
Single Review: Live Lounge Allstars – Times Like These
Single Review: Phoebe Bridgers – Kyoto